- Fry paneer in a pan with 1 tsp oil for 2 to 3 mins.
- To keep them soft, you can also drop them in water and leave for 10 to 15 mins. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add green chilies, spinach and fry for just 2 to 3 mins on a medium heat.
- Spinach must wilt off thoroughly. Do not overcook. Set aside to cool.
- Grind spinach with green chilies to a smooth puree.
How to make palak paneer gravy
- Heat a pan with oil, add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and cumin, when they begin to splutter Add onions and fry till they turn transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell goes away.
- Add tomatoes and salt, fry till they turn mushy.
- Add kasuri methi, garam masala and coriander or cumin powder.
- Saute until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Pour half cup water and stir. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Simmer the flame, add the pureed spinach.
- Mix well and cook until it begins to bubble for about 2 mins.
- Add paneer and mix. Switch off. If using cream add it now.
Serve palak paneer with naan, roti or rice.